The Gate Lodge is a recently refurbished Victorian, detached, family house of character in a quiet setting in a village on the outskirts of Cambridge.
We try to provide upmarket traditional B&B for business or leisure with friendly and flexible service - just ask and we'll do our best to provide it.
Our guests seem to appreciate staying in somewhere with character, quality, and a personal touch. We certainly receive positive feedback and guests keep coming back.
The bedrooms are spacious with good beds, internet connection, and pleasant, simple, decoration. All sanitaryware has been installed recently and the showers are high pressure. Towels, soap, and bathrobes are provided as standard.
Guests are welcome to relax in the drawing room, often with complimentary tea and cake, and to make use of the garden. One of the three village pubs, all of which serve food, is close by.
"Rooms that you want to stay in."
"Beds that you want to sleep in."
"Showers with real power."
The Gate Lodge has an AA rating of 4 Red Diamonds (in the top 10% of 4 Diamonds) and an AA Breakfast Award.
Easy access to Cambridge business parks north, south, and east of the city. Frequently used and commended by visitors to i2 (Capital Park), Ida Darwin, Semitool, ARM, NHS Victoria House and Addenbrookes.
- Internet connection in room (via Ethernet through RJ45).
- Widescreen LCD TV in room with Freeview and DVD player.
- Mains pressure thermostatic mixer showers.
- Ducted ventilation provides constant fresh air to rooms.
- Central heating with adjustable radiator thermostats.
- Tea/coffee making facilities - but we're happy to make you a pot.
- Soap, towels, and bathrobe provided.
- Cotton/polyester or cotton bed linen.
- Ironing facilities available.
- Garden and courtyard.
- Secure off-road parking - gated private drive.
- Evening meals by arrangement or bring/order your own to eat in our dining room - we'll heat it up for you.
- Fax available.
- No smoking.